I will begin this blog posting with a suggestion… download and read the FREE book “Winning the Zero Moment of Truth” – It will change the way you look at your customers and therefore your marketing efforts. If you need a preview, read some of my past postings.
To quote the book – “ZMOT is that moment when you grab your laptop, mobile phone or some other wired device and start learning about a product or service (or potential boyfriend) you’re thinking about trying or buying. I’m sure you know what I mean — you probably do web searches like this every day.”
It goes on to say that “…it’s even more critical that you be available at ZMOT. It’s where people are going to find you today. You might be surprised to hear that 20% of searches across all Google properties are local. That’s not all: that number doubles to an amazing 40% for mobile searches.”
One of the most often asked questions of The Kitchen & Bath Channel is “why should I be on the app, shouldn’t I be more concerned about being found on Google?” The short answer is both is better, but examine the facts.
To be found on Google:
- You need to keep up with Google’s Algorithm changes; reportedly over 500 in 2010 – each affecting your SEO strategy
- Outside SEO firms understand the changes, but can cost from hundreds to thousands of dollars per month
- Finding a legitimate SEO company can be challenging
- If you can be found on among the top of the SERP (Search Engine Results Page), you are among the big boxes and large retailers
- If you opt to take the Google AdWords approach, you are continually tweaking your ads, adjusting your keywords and watching your budget
With your subscription, the Kitchen & Bath Channel offers
- an industry-specific mobile and online search tool
- additional links and content to support your SEO efforts
- ability to categorize your business by specific search criteria, helping to eliminate wasting time with customers that are not a good fit
- zip code searches and instant geo-location from your mobile device
- ability to showcase your work with video and images without leaving the app or website
- affordable rates
- industry-specific marketing knowledge, employing the latest technologies and trends, as they emerge
- direct contact with consumers on the upcoming new consumer-oriented website (scheduled by 10/1/10)
- marketing support via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Blogs
- multi-level, multi-platform connections to today’s consumers
- …and more advances in the works including couponing, instant interface with your social media accounts, enhanced profile listings, enhanced photo and video upload capabilities! Do you have an idea? The Kitchen & Bath Channel is ever-evolving, and as a tool to the kitchen & bath professional, you input is vital our collective successes!