Every now and then I run across something that excites me… Xobni is one of those things. A client turned me on to it a day or so ago, but apparently it’s been around for a while – just under my radar.
Xobni, which is inbox spelled backwards, is a free add-on to Outlook (also a paid version, but I haven’t discovered the value of a purchase… yet).
It has been loaded on my computer for about 48 hours, so I don’t yet know the full extent of its capabilities, but Xobni already does enough to warrant some excitement.
- Search for an email – type a topic and it will locate all emails with your query – faster than outlook
- Search for an individual – it will find them in your contacts, and your messages
- Schedule a meeting with the click of a mouse… Xobni reads your schedule and prepares an email with potential meeting times
- Incoming email – when an email arrives from anyone you automatically see the following:
- All emails with that individual, all files/attachments exchanged and people in his/her network
- You also get a profile of the sender including all email addresses, phone numbers, Skype information, statistics about your interactions such as how many incoming and outgoing messages, where they rank in frequency of all interactions with all contact, etc.
- Plus …and this is where it becomes a great marketing tool…
- LinkedIn – you can see if the contact is part of LinkedIn and if not you can link directly from the application
- Facebook – the same
- Twitter, Hoovers, YouTube, Flickr and more social networking connects are part of the application.
If you use it… let’s talk about the benefits and drawbacks. If you have the $30 upgrade… was it worth the additional expense – after all every penny counts these days. Let’s use this blog to communicate and talk about this product. In the meantime, as I learn more I’ll post the info here.